Full-Time Cost Estimator For Desalination Contractor
A Desalination company based in Abu Dhabi is looking for an experience Cost Estimator for Desalination Contractor.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Predict the expense of future projects or products by analyzing monetary costs and other factors.
- Help companies make sound buying and hiring decisions.
- Perform onsite investigations before, during, and after project.
- Compile a list of parts and decides whether it is more cost efficient to manufacture or to purchase the parts.
- Calculate standard labor hour’s necessary to produce units or to complete project.
Key Duties includes:
- Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
- Develop Estimate Plan detailing how the estimate will be developed.
- Provide input data for and participate in bench-marking activities.
Key Accountabilities are:
- To operate within the guidelines of company policy and their standards within the Estimating Procedures.
- To produce all tender packages for pricing purposes.
- To understand and interpret the engineering requirements, including quality, delivery, specifications, price and ensure that these requirements are understood and reflected throughout the procurement cycle.
- To liaise with the engineering team to build product parts lists.
- To liaise with local Purchasing Manager to effectively update/maintain locally agreed discounts within the Estimation system.
Your skills :
- Must understand general contracting codes and regulations and be familiar with all phases of contract development, award, administration, contract templates, contracts policy, legal risk and liability.
- MS Office processing and spreadsheet software along with project management programs.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple assignments.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written in Arabic and English.
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years industry experience including lead estimator positions.
- Good understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.